Sunday, May 31, 2009

Cool Summer Hats for Boys

I'm a sucker for a cute hat. When my boys were little, I always bought the matching hat, socks, romper...you get the idea. While we don't do as much matching now that they are older, I still buy hats for them. Hats add personality to an outfit. More importantly, they provide sun protection for the face.

This week, I'm sharing my favorite hats of the season for boys.

No roundup of boys' summer hats would be complete without my personal favorite, Hanna Andersson's floppy hats, available in a range of bright colors and prints, above. My boys lived in these as babies, and have now graduated to Hanna's reversible bucket hats. Hanna hats wash up beautifully and can be passed down to the next child. Right now they are on sale for $10-13 so stock up!

Looking for a trendier or dressier alternative? Baby Gap carries a stylish contrast woven fedora with brown trim and a plaid-trimmed straw hat, both for $16.50 (the woven fedora is going fast). For big boys, check out the Dapper Straw fedora from 77Kids by American Eagle ($16.50).

Cowboy hats are always cool, they go with anything, even swimsuits, and boys are crazy about them. Sand Cassels' ultra hip version is available at Little Dudes Only for 20 bucks.

Giveaway update! Congratulations to Lizzie in Fairfax, VA, who won the Little Ace necktie! Thanks to everyone who participated and to Little Ace for being a sponsor.

No comments: